Monday, June 9, 2014

GA Diary Day 5

For the Official report, click here.

The morning began with the RTS breakfast.  At the GA many seminaries have breakfasts for their alumni and other interested parties.  I received the invitation days earlier which read, "You are invited to have breakfast with Ligon Duncan."  I was about to discard the invitation.  I didn't want to drive 4 hours away to have a breakfast in Jackson, MS.  Then I read down and found out it was at the OPC GA and was thrilled.  What a different context makes.

The breakfast went well. (AML)

We reconvened in the morning ready for a long haul of difficult conversations and deliberations.  The first matter of business was the only overture before the assembly.  We finally disposed of this matter at 3pm.  We quickly disposed of the matters remaining before us, but still had a number of matters that slowed our progress.

Finally, at 10:25, we adjourned after singing the Doxology.  I'm headed home....


...if Delta can change my flight to tomorrow.  Otherwise, it's home on Wednesday.  So, tomorrow I could......................

..........I'm still on hold with Delta...............

.....the answer was no.  I'll be here an extra day.  Home on Wednesday.  Perhaps I'll report on the GA "afterglow".....

No comments:

Post a Comment