Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Things I am thankful for...
(in no particular order)

...My family, who have put up with a depraved heart for so many years, without an excess of violence. :)

...My teachers, those who taught me skill, wisdom and knowledge, and the others who taught me how NOT to teach.

...My friends, those who think I am God's gift to creation (whose mental illness science has yet to cure), and those who challenge me and cause me to question and establish my understanding.  I especially give thanks to those who spend inordinate amount of time listening to my prattle.

...My co-laborers, who have marked my faults in order to fill up the lack so that the work of Christ may advance.

...My church family, who patiently listen to my faulty sermons, champion my few mediocre sermons, and forget my excellent sermons.  They remind me that it never is about me.  The work done through me is Christ's.

...and my church family also takes pity on my bachelor existence and seeks to assist me in the places where I lack.

...for lamb. (and all the Bennett clan said...)

...for the Lamb. "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light." (Col.1:12)


Happy Thanksgiving!
"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." (Phil. 1:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment